New Libraries and Learning Services website
Welcome to our new homepage!
So what exactly has changed?
- A new Search Everything box enables you to discover all sorts of content including articles, books, theses, streaming video, images and more.
- You can use the drop-down options within the Search Everything box for specific things such as Exams, or TV and Radio.
- Popular web pages are boosted to the top of search results to help you get relevant information faster.
- Quick access to our Catalogue is useful for when you wish to request an item.
- More specialised search tools, such as the Manuscripts and Archives search, are linked from the drop-down More option.
- More of our website can be seen in the top browse menu.
The modern design works across devices including desktop, laptop, tablets and phones and gives an improved experience for users working with assisted technologies. We drew on an extensive programme of research with staff and students to ensure the design supports users just starting out as well as those requiring advanced search tools.
We will continue to develop our website and encourage you to send us feedback. Next year we will be turning our attention to how you will be able to personalise the site.
New look Catalogue
Before Semester One 2017 we are also introducing a new look to the Catalogue. A preview of key features is available from the vendor Ex Libris:
I’ll provide more details as we get closer to the upgrade, at which point you will be able to give feedback on the new look.
Sheryl Baster, Web Manager, Libraries and Learning Services