Meet with a Research Services Adviser
Our friendly and knowledgeable Research Services Advisers can:
- Show you how to get the best out of Libraries and Learning Services resources.
- Share time-saving tips and shortcuts when searching for literature and other data.
- Provide advice on the best ways to manage large volumes of information.
- Explain how to build your research profile for networking and collaboration opportunities.
- Guide you through publishing options, including open access, and much more.
Book a consultation with a Research Services Adviser today.
Attend a doctoral candidates workshop
These practical sessions provide opportunities to work on your provisional year goals, meet other doctoral candidates and your Research Services Adviser, and build your support community.
Book your place at these popular workshops:
Provisional Year Essentials
- Working effectively with your supervisor – explore strategies to get the most from supervision.
- Thesis proposals and planning – learn how to tackle the overall structure and planning process.
- Getting started with writing – gain practical tips on time management and how to start writing early in your doctoral studies.
- Presenting your research – get the essentials so you are confident presenting your first academic conference paper or departmental seminar.
- Finding and managing information – develop your research toolkit to help find and manage. information
- Writing and organising – get tips on how to manage large amounts of scholarly material and write the literature review.
- Managing research data – learn best practice data management and how to share your research data.
View the full list of Doctoral workshops.
We look forward to supporting you through your PhD journey.
Research Services Team