- Level 4, collections, Dewey numbers 700-779 – browse the fine arts and architecture books and journals in regular use. Also on this floor are the Large Books, shelved on the last two rows after the Main Collection. The latest Fine Arts journals are displayed on your right as you enter Level 4. Older journals are shelved with the books according to their Dewey number.
- Level G, collections – here you will find material relating to New Zealand or the Pacific within the New Zealand and Pacific Collection. Material relating to Māori can be found in the Mātauranga Māori Collection and new books are around the corner on the new books display.
- Level G, Helpdesk – ask here for 2-hour short loan items and DVDs (look for the “I”, information icon, on the floor plan).
- Special Collections – provide mediated access to special collections materials, including Artists’ Books, Fine Arts and Architecture Archives, the New Zealand Ephemera Collection (artist and gallery files), Measured Drawings, Sheppard Collection, and the Architecture Folio and Historical collections.
- On-Demand Collection – use this service to request low-use items. Requests are placed via the Catalogue. Theses are also by request via the Catalogue.
Need help finding resources in their new location?
Library staff are holding pop-up help sessions on Level 4 for the first four weeks of Semester One.
Dates: 2 March to 27 March (Weeks 1-4)
Times: Monday to Friday 11am-1pm
Location: General Library, Level 4
For further assistance outside of the pop-up help times
Please ask at the General Library Level G Helpdesk, or Ask us online.
Library support also available within Canvas courses
Fine Arts and Architecture and Planning students and staff, check out the ‘Library support’ module on the Canvas navigation menu.