All our libraries and information commons are open. Here is a summary of all our library services under Alert Level 2:
You are welcome to browse items, utilise the helpdesk, and study in the library or information commons.
Find a space to study on campus.
While teaching takes place remotely, we are operating reduced hours.
View our opening hours.
Click and collect
Our popular click and collect service will continue. You can request books held at any of our libraries and collect them from the library of your choice. We will email you when your item is available to collect.
Find out how to request a book.
You may return books that you have borrowed. No fines will be charged if you cannot return books, except for short loan items where normal fines apply.
- Bring your Campus Card to collect your request and use study spaces.
- While on campus, we encourage you to wear a face covering and maintain physical distancing.
- Please register your attendance by using the University’s attendance recording app, Check-IN.
- We recommend you also use the Government’s NZ COVID Tracer app to keep a personal track of your movements.
Details about Borrowing and Requesting
Just sign in to the Catalogue, find the book that you need, and request it for pickup at the library of your choice.
- You can request for items from all campuses.
- You can borrow up to 100 books.
- Digitisation of part of a book or journal articles can be requested. We can only scan one chapter of a book per request. Find out how.
- Requests for items already on loan (recalls) are not available.
- If you need to remain isolated for health reasons, we can courier books to you.
Special Collections Reading Room
The Special Collections Reading Room is open by appointment only for accessing material and consultations, Monday-Friday, 12noon-4.30pm. Any group bookings are restricted to a maximum of three people.
To request an appointment and pre-order material, email Special Collections or visit the Special Collections counter, Monday-Friday, 9am-12noon. Please give us at least 24 hours’ notice to retrieve your items.
If you have any other questions, Ask us.
We look forward to welcoming you back!