Founded by the University of Queensland in 2008, the Three Minute Thesis (3MT®) competition is now held in over 900 universities and in more than 85 counties worldwide.
“…3MT competition cultivates students’ academic, presentation and research skills. Presenting in a 3MT competition increases their capacity to effectively explain their research in three minutes, in a language appropriate to a non-specialist audience”. threeminutethesis.uq.edu.au/about
How it works
The University of Auckland 3MT competition is structured in heats (Faculty and Open) with each heat putting forward a master’s and doctoral winner to go through to the final.
Heats: June-July 2021
Final: 6 August 2021
Who can enter
The 3MT 2021 competition is open to:
- Masters’ students in a programme with 90 points or more research project.
- Doctoral candidates who have been confirmed in their programme.
- Doctoral candidates and research masters whose theses are under examination by the date of their first presentation.
- To see what the 3MT competition looks like, check out our previous finalists
- Access a range of resources and register for the workshop Preparing your presentation
Best wishes to all participants!