The Kate Edger Information Commons (KEIC) and Tai Tonga South Auckland Campus are open. The Tai Tokerau Library in Whangārei is open normal hours under Level 2. All other information commons and libraries are currently closed.
Limited study spaces at the KEIC, Tai Tonga and Tai Tokerau
You are required to study remotely, but if your home environment is not conducive to study, limited spaces and computers are available at:
- The Kate Edger Information Commons, open daily from 9am-9pm
- Tai Tonga Campus, open daily 9am-5pm
- Tai Tokerau Library, open normal hours under Alert Level 2, Monday to Friday 8am-4.30pm
Express printing services are available at the Kate Edger Information Commons – there are 15-minute express PCs available with access to a printer. You can also access printers when using a study desk at KEIC or Tai Tonga.
Click and Collect
Our popular Click and Collect service is back, including requesting physical books. All of our libraries and the Tai Tonga Campus are collection points.
Collecting your requests
- We will email you when your item is ready to collect and confirm your collection point.
- Please check our opening Hours before arriving, as most locations have limited hours.
- The General Library collection point is the Library Basement (down the stairs from the main entrance to the library).
- Bring your Campus Card to collect your request.
- While on campus, wear a face mask and maintain physical distancing.
- Register your attendance using the Government’s NZ COVID Tracer app.
Details about borrowing and requesting
- You can request items from all campuses.
- You can borrow up to 100 books.
- No fines will be incurred during this period.
- Digitisation of parts of books or journal articles can be requested, and this includes short loan items. Find out how to do this.
- Requests for items already on loan (recalls) are not available.
- If you need to remain isolated for health reasons, we can courier books to you with the Click and Deliver service.
- During Alert Level 3, requests for books from libraries external to the University of Auckland Library system are on hold, due to the physical mail service being unavailable during this lockdown period.
- Requests for book chapters and journal articles are unaffected and are being received and processed, as they are sent electronically to clients. Find out more about interloans.
Don’t return your books
Please don’t return any books that you currently have on loan. You won’t have to pay any fines caused by the lockdown.
If you have any questions, Ask us.