Alert Level 3 Step 2
Below is a summary of the library services that are operating under Alert Level 3 Step 2.
Library opening hours
All our libraries are open to University of Auckland students, staff, and associate members, adhering to the appropriate health measures.
Up until 3pm Thursday 23 December we are operating at the reduced hours of 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday.
View our opening hours.
Individual study spaces
Individual study spaces are open to University of Auckland students during the following times (please note, students will also be able to study in any of our libraries):
Kate Edger Information Commons (KEIC)
- 9am-9pm 7 days a week
- 9am-5pm 7 days a week
Click and Collect
Our popular Click and Collect service is continuing. You can request books held at any of our libraries and collect them from the library of your choice. We will email you when your item is available to collect.
Find out how to request a book.
You may return books that you have borrowed. No fines will be charged if you cannot return books, except for short loan items where normal fines apply.
Special Collections reading room
Special Collections is open to University of Auckland staff, students and associate members, and existing external readers of Special Collections.
Special Collections opening hours
- The Special Collections counter is open Monday-Friday 9am-12pm
- The Reading Room is open by appointment only, Monday-Friday 1-4.30pm
- Special Collections is closed daily from 12-1pm
Accessing Special Collections
Bookings can be made by contacting Special Collections at firstname.lastname@example.org, via Ask us, or by visiting the Special Collections counter, General Library Level G. Appointment requests must be made at least one day in advance to allow time to retrieve items.
- Bring your Campus Card to collect your request and use study spaces.
- While on campus, we encourage you to wear a face covering and maintain physical distancing.
- We recommend you also use the Government’s NZ COVID Tracer app to keep a personal track of your movements.
Details about Borrowing and Requesting
Sign in to the Catalogue, find the book that you need, and request it for pickup at the library of your choice.
- You can request for items from all campuses.
- You can borrow up to 100 books.
- Digitisation of part of a book or journal articles can be requested. We can only scan one chapter of a book per request. Find out how.
- Requests for items already on loan (recalls) are not available.
- If you need to remain isolated for health reasons, we can courier books to you.
If you have any other questions, Ask us.
We look forward to welcoming you back!