The University of Auckland Masters Thesis Regulations have undergone a few exciting updates recently and two major changes are important for all Masters students.
These changes relate to the submission of your Masters thesis to Te Tumu Herenga | University of Auckland Library:
- Masters students are only required to submit a digital version of their final, corrected thesis to ResearchSpace: The University of Auckland Research Repository. Hard copy theses are no longer required.
Find out more about ResearchSpace
- Research Masters theses (theses or research portfolios of at least 90 points) uploaded to ResearchSpace: The University of Auckland Research Repository will automatically be made Open Access, unless specifically embargoed by the author*.
Find out more about Open Access and how to apply for an embargo
Example thesis available in digital format
This example Masters thesis, selected by the Research Services staff, shows the new digital format.
- ResearchHub overview about depositing theses
- Library guide to depositing theses – including step-by-step instructions
- Information on Creative Commons
- Library guidelines for formatting a thesis or dissertation for depositing
Te Tumu Herenga staff are working to ensure all Masters thesis guideline pages are accurate and up-to-date. To report any inaccuracies and for further support, please reach out to us via the Ask Us form.
Te Rōpū Manaaki Rangahau | Research Services team
*Note: Open Access applies to all theses deposited to ResearchSpace since the Regulation changes in 2022. All masters theses deposited online to ResearchSpace prior to this Regulation change remain available only to University of Auckland users via authentication.