Are you undertaking studies or pursuing advanced research in the field of Medical and Health Sciences? Te Tumu Herenga | Libraries and Learning Services is pleased to present two sessions to help you build effective database searching skills.
Getting started – Searching medical databases
Need to find academic articles for your research or assignments but not sure where to start? This interactive workshop will help you to get started searching medical databases.
You will learn skills to:
- Plan a search – Develop a search strategy for your research or assignment questions
- Troubleshoot your searches – Use search tools to broaden and narrow your search results
- Execute your searches – Enter your search using medical database
This workshop is suited to new students, as well as current students who are looking for a refresher in the basics of building search strategies.
Monday, 14 August 2023, Online at 12:00 PM
Searching Medline effectively
Enhance your research and never miss an important article again! This online seminar will teach you how to build an effective search strategy using Medline – the essential database for medical and health-based research, especially systematic and scoping reviews.
Learning to use Medline effectively will:
- Help you find more relevant articles
- Stay up to date with new publications in your field
- Enhance the quality of your review or research
- Align your search with gold-standard practices
- Enable you to produce research to the standard expected by publishers
This session is open to all, and is particularly relevant to postgraduate students, PhD candidates, and staff who plan to conduct systematic or scoping reviews.
Friday, 18 August 2023, Online at 12:00 PM