Entries closed. The winners will be announced soon!
Learn about writing at university and be in to win a $100 ubiq bookshop voucher!
Check out write@uni, an online resource developed by Libraries and Learning Services to help students become aware of the skills needed to improve their academic writing.
How to enter the competition
To be in to win, explore write@uni and produce a one-page document which summarises the main points you’ve learned from the resource. You can put together a checklist, mindmap, concept map, drawing or collage, the more creative the better! Ideally, you’ll create something that you and other students could refer to in the future which highlights key aspects of write@uni.
Send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 6 April 2018, including the words write@uni competition and your name and student ID number in the subject line.
Need help getting started?
Are you a first-year student? Visit write@uni’s From high school to uni: What’s the difference? section to start thinking about what’s expected of your writing now that you’ve made the jump to university study.
Or delve into write@uni with the following questions in mind:
- What does critical thinking involve at university level? How can you develop a critical mind?
- What does an effective reader do? How do you read with a critical eye?
- How is academic writing different from other forms of writing? How can you develop as a writer?
Competition terms and conditions
- The competition is open to current University of Auckland students, with one submission per student allowed.
- Submissions must be sent from a University of Auckland email address and include a full name and University ID number.
- Submissions will be judged by Student Learning Services staff.
- The submission judged first prize will receive a $100 gift voucher from the University ubiq bookshop. The runner up submission will receive a $50 gift voucher from ubiq.
- Winners will be required to have their photograph taken for promotional purposes.
- Student Learning Services may reuse the submissions for teaching, learning and promotional purposes (e.g., face-to-face advice about writing, online write@uni promotion).
- The final day for entries is Friday 6 April 2018.